Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ok Go


I had a hard time coming up with my favorite music video. I don't watch many. So I typed "music videos" in to You Tube and the first one on the list was "Here it goes again" by Ok Go. This is an awesome video not to mention an awesome song. It's so peppy and up-beat it just makes you want to jump on a treadmill yourself. This video made national news and the country was in awe of their skill. Lots of people have tried to copy it on You Tube. None were as good as the original, however.

That had to have taken a long time to choreograph. First of all the treadmills had to be going at the same speed, then they all had to coordinate with each other and the treadmills. I wonder how long it took to master and if anyone fell off at any time. There have been many treadmill accidents and those guys looked like they were asking for one.

One time two of my friends and I were messing around on my mom's treadmill. We were rolling pillows down it and then riding it into the pillows. All was going smoothly until I went down and lost my balance on the landing. I leaned back and the treadmill scraped my back for a few seconds until I could get away from it. For a few weeks I had a wicked burn on my back. It healed into three small scars but it hurt really badly. I never messed around on the treadmill again.

1 comment:

ENG 001: Language & Writting said...

I thought this was a really sweet music video. I don't think I had ever seen this, it is really refreshing to see knew ideas with music videos instead of your typical rocker on stage with screaming fans or your thugged out gansta with his hoochie mommas dancing all about. I think this looked like fun. It is something that I could see me and my friends doing some night when we are looking for something stupid to do. I love how it looks like they are just having a good time and not worrying about getting every move right, they are just a group of friends having a goodtime together.