Wednesday, November 14, 2007


One of the worst videos, in my opinion, is Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice. First of all, not that great of a rapper. Second of all, lose the sweatshit buddy you're in a video you need to upgrade your wardrobe. I don't really get the point of the video, what's he trying to tell us? He likes dancing in abandoned warehouses? Great, good to know, I'm sure America's youth will be flocking to them to hold dance parties there. Was that their post prom party? And were those five guys the only ones invited? What was with the tuxes?

I'm not the only one who dislikes this video. It was awarded a spot on Boston.com's worst videos ever. Not an easy feat. Mr. Ice is among the ranks of Shaquille O'Neil, David Hasselhoff, and Eddie Murphy. I was even contemplating putting Armi and Danny's "I Wanna Love You Tender" on this blog but I thought that'd be a little too much torture for one day.

What's even more awful than Vanilla's horrible video is that the song is still played at virtually every wedding, homecoming, or prom. Whenever I hear it I go back to my high school gym where we danced at arms length and had chaperones eyeing out every mood. Good times, good times.... in the famous words of Wayne Campbell, "Cha Right".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i feel this is one of the worst videos too. my friends all love the song and want to dance and sing to it every once in a while in the car. I just like the beginning thirty seconds and then it has got to go! I'm not sure what Vanilla Ice was thinking when he wrote this song and did the video for it. Watching this video is so weird becuse I have not seen it in so long. It's just crazy how different the music videos are today than they were during Vanilla Ice's day.
-krista